R 021857Z JUL 19
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC MRA MP//MPE//
SUBJ/CALL FOR PARTICIPATION IN THE 2019 54TH NATIONAL MONTFORD POINT MARINE ASSOCIATION CONVENTION//
POC/M.J. SHEPPARD/CIV/CMC (MPE)/TEL: COM 703-784-9371/DSN 278/ EMAIL: MARC.SHEPPARD@USMC.MIL//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. This MARADMIN announces the 2019 54th National Montford Point Marine Association (NMPMA), Incorporated Convention from 29-31 August 2019 at the Renaissance Charlotte Suites Hotel, 2800 Coliseum Centre Drive, Charlotte, North Carolina 28217. Lieutenant General Vincent R. Stewart (USMC, Ret.), former U.S. Cyber Command Deputy Commander, will be the guest speaker during the awards banquet on 30 August 2019.
2. The mission of the NMPMA is “to promote and preserve the strong bonds of friendship born from shared adversities and to devote ourselves to the furtherance of these accomplishments to ensure more peaceful times.”
3. CMC (MPE) will sponsor a limited number of conference/registration fees and all related travel expenses. Commanders are encouraged to authorize Temporary Additional Duty for Marines, civilian Marines, and Sailors who are attached to their units. Local travel is authorized for members in the local area. All Marine Corps funded participation must coordinate through the HQMC MRA Opportunity, Diversity, and Inclusion Branch (MPE). Reservations will be given on a first-come first-served basis. Rental cars are not authorized.
4. Marines not funded by MPE may register using their personal funds by accessing the Montford Point Marine Association website, or by contacting the convention director at email@example.com or 504-202-8552. The registration fee is 525 dollars. Commanders are encouraged to authorize special liberty or leave for Marines to attend. Marines in a special liberty and/or leave status will be required to pay their own per diem, travel expenses, and registration fees.
5. Marines may contact the MPE POC to obtain conference reservations NLT 6 Aug 19.
6. The uniform of the day for Marines attending the conference is Service “C” with ribbons. The uniform for the awards banquet is Evening Dress Blue “B” or Service “A”.
7. NMPMA is a non-federal entity wholly independent of the Marine Corps. More information can be found on the NMPMA website at www.montfordpointmarines.org.
8. This MARADMIN is applicable to the Marine Corps Total Force.
9. Release authorized by SES M. R. Strobl, Deputy Director, Manpower Plans and Policy Division.//
R 021857Z JUL 19
Mr. Christopher P. Arendt, Deputy Director, Military Accession Policy, Office of the Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense for Military Personnel Policy, requests the pleasure of your company at a Change of Command Ceremony at which Colonel Richard T. Brady, United States Marine Corps relinquishes command of Western Sector, United States Military Entrance Processing Command to Captain Nathan J. King, United States Navy on Friday, the nineteenth of July at eleven o’clock.
Building 3400, Auditorium
2834 Green Bay Road
North Chicago, Illinois
Reception to follow
Click to R.S.V.P. by 16 July 2019
POC: Rosalyn Roman firstname.lastname@example.org
847-688-3680 Ext. 7858
Military: Uniform of the Day
Please see the link below for the invitation for longtime NNOA and DCNNOA member CDR Walter Mainor’s promotion ceremony to Navy Captain. CDR Mainor’s ceremony will be held on Thursday, July 25, 2019 at 1300 in the Joint Staff Flag Room in the Pentagon, 2D855. A reception will immediately follow the ceremony. Here’s wishing Walt and his family a “Hearty Congratulations” on his selection to Captain.
Commander, Eighth Coast Guard District cordially invites you to attend the U. S. Coast Guard Air Station Houston Change of Command Ceremony.
Commander James W. Spitler will be relieved by Commander Marcus A. Canady on Friday, the twenty-eighth of June at ten o’clock in the morning.
U. S. Coast Guard Air Station Houston
1178 Ellington Field
reception to follow
Click to RSVP by 17 June 2019
POC: LT Brian Muldoon
Military: Tropical Blue w/ Combination Cover or Service Equivalent
Civilian: Business Attire
Official Party: Full Dress White
The National Naval Officers Association (NNOA) this year had the pleasure of participating in The Navy League of the United States Sea, Air and Space Exposition May 6-8, 2019. NNOA through our partnership with the Navy League was able to have a booth at this year’s Exposition. The NNOA booth was manned by NNOA Life Members CAPT (Ret) Willie Evans, SC, USN and CAPT (Ret) Jerome D. Davis, SC, USN. The NNOA booth was visited by Flag Officers, Generals, Senior Executive Service members, Private Industry Executives and hundreds of participants during the three day Exposition. NNOA National President RADM (Retired) Sinclair Harris, USN was also in attendance. Attached for your information and viewing pleasure are a few photographs from the Sea, Air and Space Exposition.