NJROTC VADM Samuel L. Gravely, Jr. Award
The National Naval Officer Association (NNOA) has established the NNOA NJROTC award for high school students. This award honors VADM Samuel L. Gravely, Jr. USN, the first African American to achieve flag rank in the U.S. Navy and to command a U.S. Numbered Fleet. The mission of NNOA is to enhance Sea Service operational readiness by supporting Fleet efforts in recruiting, professional development, and retention. The ultimate goal is to achieve a diverse officer corps that reflects the demographics of our Nation.
Dr. Mary McAdams, Captain, USN (Ret.) is the contact for this new award. Careers@nnoa.org
- Current sophomore or junior in high school.
- Have achieved a 3.0 GPA in NJROTC courses.
- Possess leadership by holding or will hold a position in the unit in the next school year.
- Organizes and participates in school or community cultural events/activities.
- Provides training and counseling to junior cadets within the unit.
**Please submit completed award application at least 4 weeks before Ceremony Date**
For questions, please contact NNOA Scholarship Committee at email@example.com.
National Naval Officers Association, Inc.
P.O. Box 10871
Alexandria, VA 22310-0871
CONNECT WITH US
The information throughout the NNOA site, contained in newsfeeds, links or posts, is presented as a public service. NNOA takes no responsibility for services rendered. The information is provided for informational purposes only and does not represent a specific recommendation.
© 2019 National Naval Officers Association