NNOA Scholarship Program
RDML Mack Gaston, USN Scholarship Application
- Must be a College Program student (non-scholarship NROTC student). May remain in the program until the beginning of their junior year as they compete for NROTC 2- or 3- year scholarships.
**To qualify for scholarship, applicant must apply for NROTC 2- or 3- year scholarship**
- Attend a Historically Black College and University (HBCU).
- Actively seeking a commission in the U.S. Marine Corps or U.S. Navy.
- Must pursue STEM degree.
- Letter of Recommendation from unit’s Professor of Naval Science.
- Academic Record/Transcript with GPA
- Extracurricular Activities
- Community/Volunteer Service
- Quality of essay
Application Packet Elements
The application packet is designed to collect academic and personal background information for the scholarship review committee. Responses to the application questions will be a factor in the selection process. All questions and essay must be answered as complete and honest as possible. Incomplete application forms/packets will NOT be considered.
- The application essay will contain 500-1,000 words, and be single spaced typed with 12 pitch Courier New or Times New Roman font.
- College transcript(s) must be submitted with the completed scholarship application.
- Complete application packet MUST be received by 30 April of award year. Materials emailed after suspense date will NOT be considered.
**Scholarship award will be sent directly to Recipient **
For questions, please contact NNOA Scholarship Committee at email@example.com.