NNOA Scholarship Program
RDML Mack Gaston, USN Scholarship Application
Application Eligibility & Submission Requirements
- Must join the U.S. Navy or U.S. Marine Corp
- Must be a “College Program” (in NROTC but not on scholarship) student; may remain in the program until the beginning of their junior year with continued opportunities to compete for an NROTC 2 or 3year scholarship
- Letter of Recommendation from the Professor of Naval Science (Ranked if more than one recommendation)
- Academic Record / Transcript
- Extra-Curricular Activities
- Community Service / Volunteer Service
- Quality of written statements, essay
Application Packet Elements
Completed Scholarship Application Form. The application is designed to collect academic and personal background information for the scholarship review committee. Responses to the application questions will be a decisive factor in the selection process. All questions and essays must be answered thoroughly and truthfully. Incomplete application forms /packets will NOT be considered.
Essay. The application contains an essay section. The essay must:
- Contain 500-1000 words.
- Single spaced typed, using either Courier New or Times New Roman font with size of 12 pitch.
Transcripts. Transcript of grades must be submitted as an attachment with the scholarship application.
Scholarship Application Deadline. Scholarship application MUST be emailed by 31 May 2021. Materials emailed after this deadline will NOT be considered.
DEADLINE: May 31, 2021
ITEMS NEEDED: You must have the following items to upload when you submit your application.
- Essay – 500-1000 words