SUBJECT: Office of the Secretary of Defense (OSD) Sustainment 2020-2021
1. The nomination process is now open for the 2020-2021 Office of the Secretary of Defense (OSD) Sustainment Fellowship Program open to all Services. Please read the attached Training Agreement.
2. The year-long, on-site, hands-on leadership and management development
program is designed to enhance career development of mid-level logistics,
environmental, energy, acquisition, and engineering professionals, military
O-4/O-5 and civilian GS-13/GS-14, who have demonstrated significant
potential for advancement and greater responsibility in their career field.
Participants will remain assigned to their parent organization. All program-related expenses are covered by the parent organization in which the applicant is assigned at the time of nomination.
3. OSD Fellows will be integrated into one of the Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense offices that span diverse sets of responsibilities that include life cycle logistics and sustainment, facility and
installation management, supply chain, operational contract support, installation energy and energy sources, environmental practices, real property management and policy, transportation policy, operational contact support, vendor vetting, legislative strategy, strategic communication, and
acquisition program management.
4. For a nomination, provide the following six items into one PDF document. Selection announcement will follow in early April 2020 with program beginning in July 2020.
– Resume (five page maximum, including references)
– Three most recent performance appraisals or military performance reports
– Signed copy of training agreement (template attached)
– Letter of endorsement by the nomination Service or Agency GO/FO/SES
– One page personal statement justifying favorable consideration for the
– One page biography