NNOA Awards Submissions
NNOA awards are established to: (1) recognize the achievements of individuals who excel in the accomplishments of NNOA goals and objectives; and (2) to recognize NNOA Chapter’s accomplishments of these goals and objectives during the program year, which runs 1 June to 31 May.
Eligibility: Chapters and Members in good standing may be nominated for awards. The awards and honors listed below will be presented at the annual Symposium except for the Historically Black College and University NROTC Honor Graduates Awards which may be presented at the respective Naval Reserve Officer Training Corps (NROTC) Units.
• The NNOA Lifetime Achievement Award
• The Dorie Miller Award
• The Golden Pen Award
• CAPT Sallee P. Kafer Mentoring Award
• Distinguished Service Awards
• The VADM Manson Brown Outstanding Chapter President Award
• The Individual Membership Recruiting Award
• The CAPT Charles L Tompkins Service Award (US Navy)
• The LtGen Frank Peterson Leadership Award (US Marine Corps)
• CAPT Edward R. Williams Award (US Coast Guard)
• CAPT John G. Witherspoon Excellence in Leadership & Mentoring Award (only BoD member is eligible)
• Captain Donald Flowers Scholarship Award (STEM Program)
• Historically Black College and University NROTC Honor Graduates’ Awards
Outstanding Chapter Awards
• Chapter Multi-Media Award (one chapter only)
• Outstanding Chapter Newsletter Award
• Chapter Enhanced Membership Awards (by category)
• Established Chapter Membership Growth Award
• New Chapter Growth Award (newly established and reactivated chapters only)
• Outstanding Chapter Program Award (one chapter only)
• Overall Outstanding Chapter Award (by category)
Download Chapter 5 of the Ops Manual for more details.
Awards Submission Deadline
2 April 2018 – 16 June 2018
Thank you for your submissions!